Effective Date: January 1, 2014
At New Vision Information Systems, we are committed to protecting your privacy. That is because we base our business on the trust you place in us. This policy describes our practices regarding personal and account information collected through our Website and Store. In this policy, “personal and account information” means your name, company name, account number, address, telephone number, and email address plus any other information that personally identifies you, including your industry, the number of employees at your company, and purchase history, or would permit us to contact you; “we” and “us” refers to New Vision Information Systems Furniture as well as its affiliated companies.
How much information must I share?
The amount and type of information we collect from you depends on your activities and use of our Website. Below, we explain what information we collect.
When you browse our Website:
- IP address – We collect your IP address to measure our Web site traffic and to help provide a relevant shopping experience.
- Referral Website – If you come to our Web site via a link, we collect the location of the link that referred you.
- Browser type – We collect information about the browser you are using to help optimize our Website for visitors.
- Movements through our Web site – We keep track of the pages you visit to help provide you with a more personalized shopping experience.
When you make purchases through our Website:
- We collect your name, address, phone number and payment information to process your order.
- We collect information contained in “cookies,” such as your purchases and login data, to personalize your shopping experience. Your browser must be set to accept cookies if you wish to add items to a shopping cart.
When you create an Account on our Website:
- We collect your username, password, and email address. You can help us ensure your privacy by not sharing your username or password.
When you subscribe to our e-mail update through our Website:
- You must create an E-Account to subscribe to our e-mail update. We use your E-Account information in connection with your subscription. To register for emails, click here.
When you e-mail product information to a friend or colleague through our Website:
- We collect your e-mail address and the e-mail address of the person to whom you are sending the product information.
When you communicate with us through our Website:
- We collect your e-mail address and the other information that you provide in order to respond to your communication.
When you enter contests, participate in surveys, or register for other activities on our Website:
- We collect your name, e-mail address and telephone number, and the other information that is required for entry or participation, which varies depending on the activity.
Is my personal or account information used for any other purpose?
We may use your personal and account information to provide products or services you have requested, respond to a communication from you, contact you, and as otherwise described in this policy.
We may occasionally send you promotional or product information. If you do not wish to receive promotional or product information, you may opt out of future communications by following the instructions in the e-mail communication or contacting us. If you wish to contact us, click here.
We may also analyze and act upon your personal and account information as part of our standard business practices. We occasionally purchase from third parties commercial information such as address change and other demographics.
We may use this commercial information along with your personal and account information to customize our offerings to you, as well as for our internal use.
If you become our customer, we may send you updates on important information about our company and services.
Will my personal and account information be provided to any other party?
We restrict access to your personal and account information to those who need access to use it as set forth in this policy. Only authorized personnel are permitted to see your E-Account password. We may disclose your personal and account information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process, as required by law, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims. Your personal and account information may also be disclosed in connection with a sale of some or all of our business or a merger with another company.
How do you protect my personal and account information?
Your personal and account information and transaction history are kept behind our firewall.
How can I give you feedback or contact you?
Simply click here to contact us. Please note that messages become our property and, unless you direct otherwise, may be used by us for promotional purposes.
How can I correct inaccurate information?
You may login to your account at any time to update your information. If you are having trouble logging into your account, click here to contact us.